Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mission Beach

So I am going to break up our trip into a couple of different posts. I know there are a lot of pictures so bear with me. Mission Beach was so beautiful and had some really fun rides for the kids. This is the first time they have ever seen the ocean and pretty safe to say they were AMAZED. Shiann never wanted to leave and kept trying to collect kelp to bring home to show all her friends. All in all we ended up with 3 bags full of seashells. Their very favorite was that Ben found a live sand dollar (weirdest looking thing I have seen) I guess I have only seen them after they have been bleached etc. It was covered in fur and kept making this weird sucking noise on his hand. The kids insisted on bringing it home (after I wrapped it in several paper towels and a washcloth trying to keep the horrible smell out of the car). We actually ended up spending 3 days here. It was only a 5 minute drive from our condo so it was perfect. I have so many more pictures but will only post a few. I will bring them to Thanksgiving dinner for everyone to see the rest.



Trying out their new boogie boards

One of my silly girls dreams was to be buried in the sand. I think if she had it her way we never would have left the beach.


Check out those dimples. What a cutie. Need I say more.



Austin hated the water and was perfectly content just to sit in his stroller and watch and laugh at his brothers and sister.




Ben would hold onto the kids and fling them into the waves. I could hear them laughing and screaming all the way back at the shore.



As soon as the water would get to close Luke was outta there.



Luke finally go brave enough as long as the water was only to his calves.



Shiann was so excited to see the ocean she dove right in. By the look of her face I don't think she expected it to be so cold. Even though the water was about 70 degrees.




Cade showing me he is tough enough to go into the waves.



So I thought the kids would love the San Diego Zoo. Boy was I wrong. They were bored out of their minds and kept asking if we could just go to the beach. I guess if ya have seen one zoo you've seen them all. Besides a couple of pictures of the animals, this is the only picture I have of them there and obviously Luke did not want to participate.




3 comments:

The Batty Bunch said...

LOL, the sometimes the effort put forth from mom is just not what the kids want. The beach looks liek a blast, and I do have to sya San Diego Zoo is a bit over rated, but hey making memories is really he goal here, right.

Anonymous said...

Cute pix, Britt. Looks like you all had such a great time....and check out those dimples.
Love you,
Mom

Megan Royle said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip. I love the pictures and can't wait to see more. It is so great that you could make memories like that. The kids won't ever forget it. Love you guys!